TEPPEI MIKI -Tokyo Gig Photography-
Born and bread in Japan, I’ve got really stuck into the rich underground music scene in this country for long years. In my young days, I could luckily find out that there were lots of amazing people and fantastic noise in the world of Punk Rock. Everything in basements was so sick to me. It was a nice place for killing time and even as a school of way of life for me.
Much time have passed, and I impulsively decided to shoot awesome bands around me to pack an atmosphere of the venue and save the memory. I got no photography education ever in the past, but I started to learn by imitating my friend photographers. From that time, I’ve been continuing gig-photography mainly based in Tokyo, just as a recording matter of the scene away from the mainstream.
Anyway, I think undoubtedly that I’m nothing as a photographer. I just wanna make people who see my photos feel whole of noise, smell of sweat and hot air full of a venue and know what a cool place it is.
Underground is a king, right?
Peace and love
- Interview on EL ZINE Vol.45 (Oct 2020)
- Interview on RAZORBLADES & ASPIRIN #9 (Apr 2020)
- Interview and writing on GRADE : SHOOT THE STORY VOL.5: TEPPEI MIKI (Mar 2020)
- UNITEASIA : Tokyo Photographer Teppei Miki Unleashes Phenomenal Pics of Infest Obliterating Tokyo (June 2019)
- Interview on NO ECHO: Photographer Spotlight: Teppei Miki (May 2019)