TEPPEI MIKI -Tokyo Gig Photography-
Born and bread in Japan, I’ve got really stuck into the rich underground music scene in this country for long years. In my young days, I could luckily find out that there were lots of amazing people and fantastic noise in the world of Punk Rock. Everything in basements was so sick to me. It was so nice place for killing time and even as a school of way of life for me.
Much time have passed, and I impulsively decided to shoot awesome bands around me to pack an atmosphere of the venue and save the memory. I got no photography education ever in the past, but I started to learn by imitating my friend photographers. From that time, I’ve been continuing gig-photography mainly based in Tokyo, just as a recording matter of the scene away from the mainstream.
Anyway, I think undoubtedly that I’m nothing as a photographer. I just wanna make people who see my photos feel whole of noise, smell of sweat and hot air full of a venue and know what a cool place it is.
Underground is a king, right?
Peace and love
- TEPPEI MIKI PHOTO EXHIBITION “Public Disturbance” at Nishiogikubo Pitbar (25-31, Oct, 2023)
- Sink&Die : What did you miss in 2020? Punk suggestions for punx. Teppei Miki. Tokyo, Japan (Jan 2021)
- Interview on EL ZINE Vol.45 (Oct 2020)
- Interview on RAZORBLADES & ASPIRIN #9 (Apr 2020)
- Interview and writing on GRADE : SHOOT THE STORY VOL.5: TEPPEI MIKI (Mar 2020)
- UNITEASIA : Tokyo Photographer Teppei Miki Unleashes Phenomenal Pics of Infest Obliterating Tokyo (June 2019)
- Interview on NO ECHO: Photographer Spotlight: Teppei Miki (May 2019)